Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character Animator fps getting lower over time

Community Beginner ,
Oct 28, 2019 Oct 28, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey,

I use Character Animator for Live Streaming via OBS.
While streaming i normally got 20-25 fps (which isnt perfect but well... its okay)

But when i stream for longer times i realised that the fps are getting lower (like 8-15fps). I asked (the makers of the puppet) graphicsmama but they said they didnt had this kind of problem till now.

So i got two questions:
- What could be the problem that causes this for me (is there like a log i could look at or something)
- What are things i could do to improve performance of character animator. Like use more ram, cpu, gpu or something like that

Regards, 
Cloud / Marvin

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are you recording in CH while streaming?

Can you look at some kind of performance meter app while streaming to see if its running out of CPU, out of memory, or more disk I/O going on?

If you hit the "refresh" button in the scene after it is slower, does it suddenly speed it up again?

Just some suggestions to help identify the source. I think it would need the core Adobe team to resolve it though.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

No only streaming 🙂

Guess looking at the task manager should work. Will try that tomorrow and send an update.

Currently i restart adobe character animator and then its better again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 29, 2019 Oct 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay seems like my cpu is at like 50% most of the time while streaming and goes up to 70%  and the higher it gets the lower are the fps going...

so i assume i would have to lower my stream settings? Even through i find it weird that it drops frames on character animator even on 50% already

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 30, 2019 Oct 30, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I also realised even when only running the avatar (after stream ended) the cpu usage was around 25% only from character animator. After reloading the scene (wih pressing alt) it stays at 15%. Also character animator uses ~7 Gb ram. And short peaks of gpu usage at 25% (jumps between 0 and 25%)

I am having a Ryzen 3700X so i think the cpu shouldnt be a problem? i assume maybe the avatar is badly optimzed or something? or there are settings i am not seeing?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 08, 2019 Nov 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Little update:

With the new version 3.0 it got even worse... most of the time its at 13 fps now and drops down to 3-5 

i set the new lipsinc options to the lowest settings in the hope it would help but that didnt changed anything

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 27, 2020 Jan 27, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi i still got the error

im using my avatar for streaming. its set to 1080x720p on 25fps but even when im doing like nothing it cant keep up the 25fps... (im having a amd 3950x that is on ~18% from character animator) while streaming it drops lower and lower over time
also got a rtx2080ti and 64gb ram in the pc...
Are there other settings i can adjust for better performance?

after 45 mins of having character animator open and doing nothing:  ~12 fps
2,5h later: its at 3fps now

hope someone can help me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Feb 14, 2021 Feb 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello, this is happening to me too. I have good cpu and gpu. i9 9900k and Nvidia 2080. My cpu usage is so high only when I open the app and more and more slower when I am streaming. This is so hard to streaming with this app. Anyone know how to fix this issue? 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 07, 2021 Mar 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I've been noticing this issue as well. The longer the stream goes, the more frames get dropped. I've been monitoring my CPU and RAM usage and I can't explain it. It has been frustrating.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines