• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character animator hands warping

New Here ,
Dec 05, 2021 Dec 05, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Having problem with hands warping when they are moved with drag handle.  Instead of pointing in the direction the arm is moved its seems they are almost fixed in their direction so when you drag and arm points up, hand is wanting to stay pointing down. (see attached images)  I have a feeling its that the origin of the hand is fixed to the wrong point but I can't figure out how to change it.  Included is a a link to exported puppet file.  Thanks!

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Gt0y5bPkIKpVKsQsWeBh0czH--Tq4bfR/view?usp=sharing

TOPICS
Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Dec 06, 2021 Dec 06, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried grouping the hand and arm parts so that they are treated as a single unit?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 07, 2021 Dec 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If I did that then it would all get combined into a single layer.  Then I wouldn't have the layer for alternate hand images like pointing or fist, etc.  Is there a way to combine them without losing the "Right Hand" layer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, my brain is stuck in Adobe Illustrator mode. In either case, folders are your answer. Make a key folder for the arm and hands. Inside that folder rests your arm and yet another folder for the hand parts (this will make building the swap sets easier). When rigging the puppet, make sure the key folder is selected for the arm. When building the swap sets, select the hand folder and by choosing swap set, you can make a swap set of the contents.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Remove the draggable and wrist tags from the hand group and instead put them on the arm group (along with the sticks, elbow, etc.). This will get everything moving as one unit instead of separate parts.

If the hand is still too floppy for you, extend the arm group forearm stick to go through the hand, which will keep it stiff.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe that is how I have it setup, see below.. Am I missing something?

RobbsterDotCom_0-1639003102750.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 08, 2021 Dec 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The version linked in the original post did not - this is what I see if I select the arms and then the hands.Screen Shot 2021-12-08 at 3.44.01 PM.pngScreen Shot 2021-12-08 at 3.44.10 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I have replaced the puppet file on the share with the latest version.  

https://drive.google.com/file/d/1Gt0y5bPkIKpVKsQsWeBh0czH--Tq4bfR/view?usp=sharing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 10, 2021 Dec 10, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm seeing the same issue in that file as well. Try this: https://drive.google.com/file/d/119ZDrdnB1ayawXYhmcHTLoSIR1ODnj9Q/view?usp=sharing

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That fixed it.  Is it that I had the wrist tagged in the hand layer and not the arm layer?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Dec 14, 2021 Dec 14, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yep, exactly. You want to tag everything in one place, in the arm group.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines