Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character animator head wobble, Eye wanders

Community Beginner ,
Jan 13, 2023 Jan 13, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi,

I play with Character animator a few years back, Finally I have a half decent computer where i can practise and try and make stuff on.

I've watched tutorials, read posts, and I'm still stuck. I figured some problems but I need to figure something out but I don't know what it is.

I hope i'm posting in the correct section, and hoping some one can help.

Ok, here goes.

I've made the puppet in A.I, I used the 'blank' as a template and renamed it as george,

I've used 2 other 'blank', 'mark' templates to double check settings! (didn't help)

Problems I'm having,

1. Eyes,

Both move to the right,

Right eye does not move left, right eye has little movement

Left eye has alot of movement.

2. The head floats above the body, I took something off? I did have it fixed but I'm using a camcorder at the moment as a webcam. If i knock the camera, the characters face floats. The hair doesn't but the face does!

3. The mouth did show up on the middle street in animator, but no longer?! It does show up on the record screen. Which is good. 

I'd appreciate any help, or any pointers as my brain is hurting. I'm sure it's probably something simple but I'm not seeing it at the moment.

TOPICS
How to , Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry for any spelling mistakes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Turn off the independence (crown icon) for the head - that should fix the floating. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 16, 2023 Jan 16, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for that. It's helped.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://youtu.be/lzLaEtfywqQ

Still trying, nearly there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 23, 2023 Jan 23, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Looks like the mouth and head are working. Are you still having troubles with the eyes? Show us the hierarchy in the rigging panel for the head and eyes.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines