Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character Animator help please

Explorer ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi All,

Hope you can help, as I'm a new starter in the world of animation and just wanted help on 3 things please.

1. I have created a puppet in Character Animator (photoshop), whereby I have imported an animated desk onto the scene aswell. The problem is I cannot get the desk to go infront of the puppet, as I want the sence to look like the puppet is sitting down behind the desk. 

2. How do I get my puppet to point at the screen please? 

3. How do I get my puppet to move both arms/hands at the same time please? 

Thank you

TOPICS
How to , Puppet movement , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 08, 2020 May 08, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To put the desk in front of the character, go to the time line panel and on the left drag the desk puppet above the character puppet (with the background scene puppet at the bottom). The order of puppets in the scene controls what is in front of what.

To point at the screen you want the hand to look different i am guessing. That will probably require different artwork, so you need to draw it. You can do a single arm frame pointing forward and use a swap set on the arm, otherwise draw a few intermediate frames and inside the swap set use the cycle layers behavior to display the sequence of frames for a smoother transition. There are lots of tutorials around for swap sets.

To move both hands in a scene recording at the same time, you can either use a touch screen (which allows multi-touch), or what i do is record one arm then move the playhead back and record the second arm. If you want to see the other arm while you do the second recording, add a second dragger behavior to the puppet then arm the first one for the first arm, and arm the second dragger behavior for the second arm. This is the only way to see the previous dragger recording while doing a new one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 11, 2020 May 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for your response, I'll try these methods out. 👍🏾

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Alan,

I applied the method of switching my puppet with the desk and then my puppet goes missing, think its because I imported the desk from a previous CA download (the dinosaur newscaster) and its still capturing the background from PS which I got rid of in the layers panels. Any help on this one please?

Thank you

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
May 10, 2020 May 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://www.youtube.com/user/okaysamurai/videos

Watch his videos...its all there! 👍

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Nice one, thank you 👍🏾

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines