• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

character animator imports my Illustrator file as only 1 layer

New Here ,
Jun 06, 2020 Jun 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey, I am having trouble importing my Illustrator Character to Character Animator. I have named the layers correctly but when I import the file my Character consists only of 1 single layer. Does anyone know what Im doing wrong? 

Thanks in advance. 

Screenshot 2020-06-06 at 11.30.17.png

TOPICS
FAQ , How to , Puppet movement , Rigging , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem, in my case with the transfer from PhotoShop.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 07, 2020 Jun 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Can you share a screenshot of the hierarchy in Illustrator/Photoshop? I notice it called it "Layer 1". Did you rename the root layer of the artwork to "+PuppetName"? I think CH groups things together if you don't name them. "Layer 1" does not seem to be a name you gave, so wondering if you named all layers except the root layer. All the artwork for a puppet should grouped be under a layer such as "+Chloe" or "+Sam" etc

If you did all that, what versions of CH and Illustrator are you using? (Just in case a version incompatibility...)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines