Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character animator -mapping a cycle layer animation to midi knob

New Here ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi

Does anyone know if its possible to map a cycle layer animation to a midi slider knob. For example as I move the knob to the right it would  show the next image in the animation. And I can reverse the animation by turning the knob to the left.  Does anyone know if this is possible or is this not really what midi knobs are used for? 

Thanks in advance for your help!

TOPICS
How to

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 20, 2020 Apr 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, apply the Layer Picker behavior instead of Cycle Layers to the group containing the frames. With the scene panel showing, scrub the Index Offset or the Percentage Offset parameters to see which you prefer, then show the Controls panel, choose Layout mode, and drag that parameter into the Controls panel. With that slider selected, you should be able to move your MIDI control to bind it to the slider. Switch the Controls panel back to Perform mode, and you're all set. Note the Out of Range parameter which lets you limit or loop when you run off the end.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to record the layer picker in action? Every example I see uses stream not record?

For example, Dave show an example of the wizard puppets eyebrows moving up and down with a midi slider (can't remember which video it was in!). Is it possible to record something like this? I'd love to see a tutorial on how to use this feature 🙂

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 02, 2020 Jul 02, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's identical. Stream and Record just send the result to a different place. They are the same otherwise. Stream sends a live video somewhere, record saves the input events so you can render it later. The layer picker works exactly the same in both.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2020 Jul 03, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Aah! Thankyou so much. My layer pickers weren't recording, but your reply made me dig deeper knowing it could be done. I'm so silly, I just didn't have the parameter armed (red dot wasn't clicked). Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines