Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character Animator - maximum duration of walk cycle

Community Beginner ,
May 23, 2019 May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

I want my Ch puppet to walk for several seconds along a row of shops in Ae. Depending on how various menu items are set, such as stride length and body speed etc., the puppet exits the stage after about 5-6 seconds, and in Ae it just disappears after this time. Is there a way of, so to speak, increasing the width of the walk cycle stage to let the puppet walk longer in Ae? Also, I have noticed that if I press the stop record button before it exits the stage, in Ae it just keeps walking till it reaches a duration of the above 5-6 seconds and then disappears, so it is not possible to freeze his stature at the desired time. If anyone can suggest any alternatives I would be very grateful.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 23, 2019 May 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Playback (as distinct from final render) of walk is not necessarily the same. The puppet walks if the behavior is active. I am wondering if something similar is happening in AE.

First, make sure the scene in CH extends out beyond the end of the walk recording. The puppet will probably disappear when the scene ends. A screen shot of timeline in ch can help.

But is it just character vanished because it walks out of the scene in ch? If out of scene it is supposed to be not visible.

If you need more precise movement, consider setting body speed to zero in ch and instead use key framing with Transform in AE to move the character across the screen. You can get precise positioning that way. It also won’t walk out of the scene.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines