Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character Animator - no transfer of mouth layer to another puppet

Community Beginner ,
Apr 08, 2019 Apr 08, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello

At 18 mins 14secs of the Character Animator Complete Animation Workflow video Dave Werner drags the mouth layer from a Photoshop puppet over to the puppet he is creating. When I try to drag the mouth layer of a functioning puppet I have already created in Illustrator over to a puppet I am assembling a black "no entry" symbol appears next to my cursor and no transfer of mouth takes place. If someone can shed light on this I would be very grateful.

Thanks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 09, 2019 Apr 09, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

It looks like in the video he's dragging and dropping a group from one open Photoshop document into another one. I'm not an Illustrator expert (if somebody on the forums is, feel free to jump in with tips here), but I was not able to do drag and drop a group from one Illustrator document to another. I was, however, able to copy and paste a group from one document to another, so that might be a way to achieve the same result.

DT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines