• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character Animator not displaying photoshop image properly - effects, mask

Explorer ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am new to Photoshop but found its brushes far superior to Illustrator for my character.  I added an overall effect layer to the character and a mask.  However, when I imported the character into Character Animator, the mask is not applied (a rough grey edge appears around the character) and the effect/shading do not show.  I was able to flatten one of the layers separately with the effect layer and it showed on Character Animator, but would have to do that for each layer and piece it back together, plus would still be left with mask issue. I attached screenshots of the issue.  I appreciate any advice you have to offer concerning the mask and/or effect so I can start animating.

Thank you!

This is how it appears in Character Animator , which is far from how it looks in Photoshop with effect and mask

Screen Shot 2018-09-28 at 3.55.56 PM.png

UPDATE: I have figured out the effect issue, but still need help getting the mask to apply to the character in CA

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Sep 29, 2018 Sep 29, 2018

Alan, thank you for the reply.  I figured it out last night once I stepped away from the computer.  I had to copy the effect to each layer separately (which required adjustment on each layer) and inversely select the mask so I could erase the outlying art on each layer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Sep 28, 2018 Sep 28, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I don't use Photoshop often myself - someone else may be able to help better. Not all Photoshop capabilities are supported by CH (as you discovered!), but I recall someone talking about "smart objects" - I think you could group some layers and it sounded like CH cached more inside the PSD file which CH could then understand. Something like that. Might be worth an experiment to see if it helps. But I have never tried it myself.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Sep 29, 2018 Sep 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Alan, thank you for the reply.  I figured it out last night once I stepped away from the computer.  I had to copy the effect to each layer separately (which required adjustment on each layer) and inversely select the mask so I could erase the outlying art on each layer. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines