• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character Animator Puppet is elastic and squishy once the crown is removed from body and head

New Here ,
Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I really hope someone can help me with this. The last couple of puppets I made have always looked a bit bent and squished together and I don't know why. Below are pictures.

Capture1.PNG

Capture.PNG

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Aug 15, 2019 Aug 15, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The head is not independent to the body. That means CH will warp the neck and body to follow head movements. You can either make the Head independent which will stop head movement affecting the body, or you can use sticks to discourage bends. E.g. put a stick across the top of the shoulders and down the sides of the body. I sometimes also put sticks along the jaw line. That will encourage the neck to bend more and the body less.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 19, 2019 Aug 19, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Make sure your "Frontal" group is set to "Free" as the Attachment Style. It may be set to "Weld" which is great if that layer is a character's nose, but since your entire character is under "Frontal", you want it set to "Free".

Dan R.
CH QA

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines