Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character Animator Rigging: yello Outline Doesn't detect body Properly

Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2023 May 09, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there,

Thank you in advance for any help šŸ™‚ I am working on this character but something is wrong because I can't get character animator to detect the body of my puppet properly. I have followed the tutorial step by step but it didn't work. Can anyone help? Keep in mind that I created the character with Procreate and I exported the draw in a PSD file and imported in character animator.

Here are some pictures that show you the problem: 
Screen Shot 2023-05-09 at 11.07.07 AM.pngScreen Shot 2023-05-09 at 11.07.58 AM.png

TOPICS
Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Ok I understand. There is no rig for arms and legs only because I hadn't started rigging yet, but I will rig the legs too.  As soon as I saw that the yellow outline wasn't around the whole body like in the tutorial (since in the tutorial the yellow outline was around the waist and the legs as well) I stopped working and I assumed that something was wrong.

So, I removed the hidden layers like you said but the outline will doesn't include the legs. Do you suggest starting rigging the puppet anyways

Votes

Translate

Translate
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

PSD files exported by Procreate do not contour parts correctly.

There are two methods you can try.
1) Convert the layer once imported into Photoshop to a smart object layer.

Then import it into Adobe Ch.

2) Import the PSD file in Adobe Illustrator and export it as is to a PSD file.

Then import it into Adobe Ch.

Please give it a try.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi! Thank you for answering so pronto šŸ˜„ I tried your solutions but unfortunately it didn't work and I am still experiencing the issue. I have also tried with the Illustrator Format but nothing, it is still doing the same

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I see.
I'm sorry I can't help you.
I hope this can be resolved.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
May 10, 2023 May 10, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible for you to export the puppet and upload it using a file sharing service like google drive or drop box so we can see what's going on?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure here it is the link 

ps: Gaetano2222302isrw is me. I randomly post the answer with my work account. Sorry about the confusion

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. Would it be possible to export the puppet file from Character Animatior directly? I can't tell what problems you're having in CH from a PSD file.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sure šŸ˜„ here i is.

Thank you so much for helping out!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the file. Overall, it seems to work fine. The origin points for the eyes and eyebrows were in the center of the torso instead of their respective parts. Fixing that caused those parts to function fine. There's no pupil or eyelids, so the eyes do some weird things when I blink on camera, but that can be addressed later.

I deleted the hidden layers from the original file, since I suspected they were interfering with the body - CH processes everything even if its hidden. 

There was no rigging for the arms and legs, so I wasn't sure what your intentions were for those parts.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok I understand. There is no rig for arms and legs only because I hadn't started rigging yet, but I will rig the legs too.  As soon as I saw that the yellow outline wasn't around the whole body like in the tutorial (since in the tutorial the yellow outline was around the waist and the legs as well) I stopped working and I assumed that something was wrong.

So, I removed the hidden layers like you said but the outline will doesn't include the legs. Do you suggest starting rigging the puppet anyways?

Screen Shot 2023-05-10 at 11.46.54 AM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Since the legs are independent of the body, they will not be included in the outline. It should be fine.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 20, 2023 May 20, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Yes, it works now. Thank you so much šŸ˜„

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines