• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character Animator Shoulder and elbow Corrective Shape (blendshapes)

Community Beginner ,
Aug 20, 2020 Aug 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would like to make a request for the deformation around the shoulders and elbows or the characters. I came from 3D rigging to character animator and in 3D we utilize these things calle blendshapes or corrective shapes. Whenever a 3D Character has an ugly deformation, you have the option of positioning your character in that ugly shape and sculpting what you rather it look like when the character hits that pose. This gets saved and you create a control to tell the program when to utilize that new shape and it blends from a previous pose into that new pose to hit that pose with the correction. I hope this makes sense. I would love to see something like this in character animator. 

TOPICS
Feature requests

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Aug 25, 2020 Aug 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

That's a great feature request, although I wonder how that would work given that the art is coming from AI or PS. Even so, it's still worth filing an official feature request. These are just user-to-user forums, and while members of the CH team do pop in here, the best way to get a FR in front of the team is through UserVoice: https://adobe-video.uservoice.com/forums/911317-character-animator

I know it's not the most desireable thing to do, but do you know you can switch the arm attach style from "Weld" to "Hinge?" This will allow the arm to pivot around the shoudler joint, which doesn't look as realistic (I mean, you are using an anthropomorphic cat puppet, so what is "realistic?"), but I often use this option to get around exactly the issue you show in your screenshot. 

Here's some info about the different limb attachment options: https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-character-animator/using/attachment-and-handles.html

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines