Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character Animator Software for a Client

Community Beginner ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

I am wondering if there is an easy way for a client to download CA and record a character, using an asset I provide. I *think* the only way to do this is have the client either purchase and install (although I don't immediately see a standalone version of CA and pricing) or use one of my two installs and login with my credentials.

Am I missing something? I need to have a client record an animation using a puppet asset of my design, but I cannot necessarily be in the same room as the client or share a machine.

Adobe, if you see this, would you consider a front-end-only version of CA that paid users could provide to clients at a distance to have them record? Or, could they provide video of their face and I could import the acting into CA for the CA software to interpret into a puppet at my end?

Cheers!

TOPICS
Camera , Puppet movement

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 03, 2021 Jan 03, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think a few partners were trying a beta player at one stage (but like "years" ago) so I dont think anything became of it, but the only way I know to use a puppet is to have a full subscription to the software.

Regarding your other point, there was a recent post about using ManyCam I think it was (3rd party software) to feed a video file into Character Animator. So yes, that is a possibility to try things out (but I have never tried it).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for this reply. It is helpful. Admittedly, I was not even considering how I might route another camera input into the software. Seeing other posts about it helps my mindset. Cheers!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 11, 2021 Jan 11, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi Matthew,

From your requirement I think this works for you.

https://youtu.be/ylPgSxyWgVo

Best regards, Euan.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines