• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character Animator Switch Scenes ?

Explorer ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone you good ? Please Please help me , I've been using Character Animator probably for a month but I faced a weird problem which is I can't switch between scenes I mean I am doing a project for college and my idea is to switch my background from House to Street so like my puppet walks out of the house to street but I don't know how to I tried to close the eye beside backgrounds ( Which hides them ) while recording but it doesn't work  even by putting backgrounds under each other but doesn't work either . Explain to me how to do it please . Thank You

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 18, 2018 Oct 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So there are "scenes" in Character Animator where you can add different puppets and backgrounds etc to each scene. You can then export each scene individually (e.g. as a MP4 file) and join them together using Adobe Premier Pro, or now Adobe Rush (looks easier for simple Video editing like this).

But I think you mean "scene" from the acting sense. If you want a character say to walk across the screen or stand there and the background to change with the character puppet to not move, then you need to use one Character Animator scene and change the background image - which I think is what you are describing.

The main reason for me to start a new CH scene is to keep scenes from getting too large and complex - they get hard to manage.

So, back to your question, the "eye" hides that track - you cannot record it in a track. But there are two other things you can do to achieve what you are after. Background images are puppets. By default puppets get a set of properties, one of which is Transform. One of the properties of Transform is opacity. So if you load up two background images as puppets, then record a new opacity value for the image in front half way though you can make it disappear, revealing the background behind it. You can even do a "blend" to fade the opacity causing a "cross disolve" effect. That allows the puppet to stay still while the background changes, which can be cool sometimes.

The other approach is if you zoom out the timeline window, way over to the right you will find that each puppet has a finite end. You can grab the end edge and drag back to shorten the length of the puppet. This is what I normally do. No need to do a recording, just drag the right edge back to shorten the length of the background image puppet.

Here is the shortened version afterwards. The puppet will disappear earlier now.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Oct 24, 2018 Oct 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Adobe Rush is great and very simple... although if you have to export a few scenes, if you have changes, you will have to export again.

The beauty of using Premiere, is that you can load in the actual Character Animator scenes INTO Premiere - then it will be easy to edit your scenes, composite, change backgrounds, add transitions, etc. and the BEST part... is if you decide to add a new hat to your character in Photoshop.... it will update Character Animator and your entire scene as you know.... and it will ALSO update your sequence in Premiere! NO need to keep exporting and then importing your new changes into Rush... when you can dynamically link to Premiere!

The downside is you have to use another program... but you will be better off!

Hope this helps,

cheers,

mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Oct 25, 2018 Oct 25, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Correct me if I'm wrong Mark but it also work in After Effects right ? and maybe ohers Adobe software ?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes! You are 100% correct! Dynamic linking works in After Effects too! And hopefully Captivate (for eLearning) one day soon!

Enjoy the day everybody!

Cheers,

Mark

Consulting | Design | Motion | Training>headTrix, Inc. | Adobe Certified Training & Consulting<br />Consulting | Design | Development | Training

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

My only caution about dynamic linking is to try it on your hardware before committing your workflow to it. On my laptop it is slow to the point of being painful. It does keep things in sync, but it had to rerender upon change which could take minutes for a 10 second long sequence. In CH it’s faster because they do a rough render In real time.

There are more settings in CH that have been added over time for frame rate, resolution etc, but I have not played with them much yet.

But if you have better hardware that can keep up, dynamic linking is a better experience And gives you more options. Alas my normal laptop does not fall into that category!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines