• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers

Character Animator - timeline missing from record screen

Community Beginner ,
Jul 26, 2019 Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Screenshot 2019-07-26 at 18.11.41.pngHi

I don't know whether I have inadvertently clicked on some button but the timeline is not visible with the puppet on the record screen. The timeline can only be seen when I click either on Timeline Scene or on Window>Timeline and produces the puppetless screen shot 2. This means that without both things being on the screen simultaneously I cannot gauge how much time is elapsing or at which stage further recordings need to be added. If someone can shed light on this I would be very grateful.Screenshot 2019-07-26 at 18.02.51.png

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Expert , Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

Thanks for posting that screenshot. It looks like you accidentally dragged the Timeline panel on top of your Scene panel, which made it dock behind the Scene panel as a new tab. This is super easy to fix. Click and drag the Timeline tab (don't let go), now drag it below the Scene panel. While dragging you'll see several sections of the Scene panel light up. This lets you know where you'll be docking the panel.

Alternatively, an easier way to do this is to reset your workspace by going to Window>W

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 26, 2019 Jul 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure how to explain how to do it easily, but this page from help might, err, help! Workspaces in Character Animator

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jul 29, 2019 Jul 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for posting that screenshot. It looks like you accidentally dragged the Timeline panel on top of your Scene panel, which made it dock behind the Scene panel as a new tab. This is super easy to fix. Click and drag the Timeline tab (don't let go), now drag it below the Scene panel. While dragging you'll see several sections of the Scene panel light up. This lets you know where you'll be docking the panel.

Alternatively, an easier way to do this is to reset your workspace by going to Window>Workspace>Reset to Saved Workspace.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines