Latest tutorial videos are now available at:
https://www.adobe.com/go/chtutorials

TOPICS
Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 16, 2015 Jun 16, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool stuff!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Awesome - I can't wait to experiment with this feature.  Thanks!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Really excited to jump into this program and see what it can do. After recording is it possible to clean up the lip synch or are the puppet controls pretty rigid in terms of post-manipulation?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jun 17, 2015 Jun 17, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It's possible to assign keyboard triggers to your visemes(lip sync layers) and refine the automatic lip-sync, but since this is done playing back in realtime; it's not suitable for comprehensive refinement. We're currently looking into the best way to refine your lip-sync as well as making the lip-sync better so it will need less refinement. We do know that customers will need frame level control and we currently don't have that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do I get the blank template for photoshop with the empty named layers?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Download the zip file under Sample Files, extract, and look in the Templates folder under Artwork

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Might be a dumb question but where do you get the application? I have a full access subscription but it doesn't show up in my apps list. I installed and updated all the rest but confused about this one.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 18, 2015 Jun 18, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Open After Effects then go to File > Open Adobe Character Animator

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jun 23, 2015 Jun 23, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. I actually figured it out after the post but I appreciate your

taking the time to help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is really fun to play around with. But I can't figure out how to lip sync to pre recorded audio as opposed to live.

Am I being thick?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You're not being thick, it's implemented with "engineer UI" right now.

You need to select your puppet in the timeline *and* have audio in your scene. Once you've satisfied those prerequisites, just go to the "Object" menu item and choose "Compute Lip Sync from Scene Audio".

Once that's done, you may want to experiment with slipping the audio a few frames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are there any plans to implement inverse kinematics into Character Animator? The puppet mesh tool is cool, but IK is potentially more versatile.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 01, 2015 Jul 01, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

We're guiding development based on feedback on this forum, so IK is a possibility. Note that the current mesh deforming scheme is not IK exactly, but does provide some of the benefits of IK, like dragging a hand around moves the rest of body accordingly (along with other benefits, like not needing to define a skeleton).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 02, 2015 Jul 02, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Where do I find the blank template for photoshop?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 03, 2015 Jul 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same question as Hans.  In the first tutorial video we see where an empty "Head" template is imported into the scene.  Where can we find that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Guru ,
Jul 03, 2015 Jul 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Did you download the Character Animator Examples from the top of this page?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 13, 2016 Nov 13, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i can't download anyone flies in the adobe.ly……can u sent me one of the Character Animator Examples for me? can't buy ST in china……

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 14, 2016 Nov 14, 2016

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is the website blocked in your region? If so, please let me know because we'd like to fix it - we just did a launch event in China. If you DM me I can send you the files another way.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 29, 2015 Jul 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I could not get the fixed anchor points to work from Ps. I did get the anchor point to work within Ch. Any idea on where I went wrong? BTW I really like this feature.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 29, 2015 Jul 29, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Kevin... Are you using the Pen tool (in Shape mode) to create a single-point shape? Be sure to do so at the same level as the mesh that you want to stay fixed.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Jul 31, 2015 Jul 31, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

hi Jeff, I did use the pen tool in shape mode - i clicked the single point and then named the layer as instructed "fixed....". I placed the point in Ch on right and in Ps on left (following the video) and the Ch anchor worked but the Ps anchor did not. Does the anchor point need to be position at a point where the mesh lines intersect? cheers! thanks for checking on me

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Aug 03, 2015 Aug 03, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi Kevin... Can you continue this issue as a separate thread on the forum, instead of as a comment on this Tutorials page? That'll help us track it better. As for your question, they don't need to be on mesh lines. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2015 Aug 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Cool tutorial....
I can't wait to experiment with your tutorial so I can make a character with Character Animator. Thanks dude.....!

Gendis

http://www.cupcakes-society.net

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Aug 06, 2015 Aug 06, 2015

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I changed the name of my puppet, and now, I'm not able to open the document in Character Animator. Is there a way to fix this?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines