• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character Animator: unable to create AGM font ("Adobe clean ux")

Community Beginner ,
Feb 08, 2022 Feb 08, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

CH will not open.

CHerror.JPG

I've searched and seen the previous posts and fixes for this problem but they are not working.

https://community.adobe.com/t5/character-animator-discussions/unable-to-create-agm-font-ch-latest-ve...

Any assistance is greatly appreciated. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me move this to the Character Animator forum for you, which is the appropriate forum for your question.

The Using the Community forum is for help in using the Adobe Support Community forums, not for help with specific programs, installation issues, or account issues such as subscription questions or billing problems, or generalized questions about Creative Cloud services.

* Product questions should be posted in the associated product community.
* Installation questions should be posted in the Download & Install community.
* Account issues, including subscription questions or billing problems, should be posted in the Account, Payment, & Plan community.
* Questions about the Creative Cloud desktop app or general questions about apps in the Creative Cloud should be posted to the Creative Cloud Services community.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I believe the previous fix/file I posted should still be the workaround, but if that's not working I'm not sure what's going on. I'll check with the team.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you. Yes, the fix/file is not working.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Here's an updated version of the debug database file that Dan from the team put together: https://drive.google.com/file/d/1PIj8UPd9OPw2m9Z7I8I5f3IDyWdKy7Ef/view?usp=sharing

If you follow the instructions from the linked thread, please let us know if this works or not!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Feb 09, 2022 Feb 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It worked! I'm in!

Thank you all and everyone!

It is greatly appreciated. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 18, 2022 Apr 18, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

How can I add this fix to a single unit or does this fix only apply to a single unit? I'm asking because I applied the fix to my user account but if someone else uses the computer they get the error message.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Edit:

How can I add this fix to a single unit or does this fix only apply to a single user?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

If they are signing in and have their own account and instance of CH, then I believe they would need to do this as well for their user account. If this is a shared computer for a school or company or something, I could see how that could be problematic...if this is the case let me know what you situation is - either here or in DM - and we'll try to help you out.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes. This is a shared computer for a school. Thank you for any help you can provide.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Asked our team about it, sounds like some kind of school-set permissions issue. This is one suggestion:

"Another possible solution is to check the Local Group Policy Editor (gpedit.exe), then navigate to Computer Configuration > Administrative Templates > System > Mitigation Options. Double-click "Untrusted Font Blocking", select the Enabled option, then see if setting the Mitigation Options to something other than "Block untrusted fonts and log events" will help...if that works, and the school has managed machines, possibly their IT department might be able to deploy the group policy change to the affected machines."

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 19, 2022 Apr 19, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you I will try that

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines