• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character Animator Walk Cycle?

New Here ,
Jul 27, 2018 Jul 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

My puppet will walk in one direction if I put the walk cycle on "immediately" but I want it to walk in two directions based on direction arrows, as provided as an option.  However, it won't move at all if I use direction arrows.  Is there something I'm missing?  I'm experimenting with the puppet downloaded from the July 2018 Tips and Tricks.  It appears to be properly tagged, etc.  I did modify the torso for the standing angle puppet - and after that everything stopped if I use direction arrows.

Thanks a lot for any possible solutions.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , Jul 29, 2018 Jul 29, 2018

Restarting CH is definitely worthwhile (as Sharron said). Feel free to try the following before reinstalling, but a reinstall has fixed problems for a few people too.)

Here is a simple "legs" puppet I was using. (Its just legs - I have not drawn whole character in side profile!). If you download, "import" into a demo project, create a new scene with just this puppet in it, does left/right arrows work?

Helen Legs.puppet - Google Drive

If you cannot work it out from there, feel free to export your pu

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,
Jul 27, 2018 Jul 27, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Do you have the “record” button turned on for the walk behavior in the puppets panel? And "Start" set to "With Left and Right arrow keys"? I have a puppet, I click the scene button to create a new scene, and the arrow keys work. Here is the walk behavior settings I have. Note: If I turn off the Walk or Keyboard Input red dots then the arrow keys don't work (because it shows me what was recorded in the timeline).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Contributor ,
Jul 29, 2018 Jul 29, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think Alan is correct.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks for responding.  Yes.  I have the Walk button activated and the keyboard input button activated.  My control is identical to yours.  It still doesn't walk. 

However, if I change the start to immediately it walks off toward the right.  Perhaps I've rigged it incorrectly?  But I don't see how.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sometimes with bugs it helps to reinstall or do a cold start.

Sent from my iPhone

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Restarting CH is definitely worthwhile (as Sharron said). Feel free to try the following before reinstalling, but a reinstall has fixed problems for a few people too.)

Here is a simple "legs" puppet I was using. (Its just legs - I have not drawn whole character in side profile!). If you download, "import" into a demo project, create a new scene with just this puppet in it, does left/right arrows work?

Helen Legs.puppet - Google Drive

If you cannot work it out from there, feel free to export your puppet, upload to Google Drive/Dropbox/etc and share a public link then post it here in the forums or send me a direct message. I don't mind having a quick look to see if I can spot it (or if it works on my computer).

(This is how I used the legs - I set Scale X to -100% so to run the other direction - too lazy to get the profiles going right, plus with only one profile I can make it walk backwards which seemed possibly useful.)

2-3-01 helen side feet running.gif

Here is what I did and a quick run through of puppet as well. Note, I did not use any profiles, but that is probably not important for why arrow keys not working for you (I am guessing...)

Helen legs demo - YouTube

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,
Jul 30, 2018 Jul 30, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you.  I fixed my problem using Helen's legs.  You were all very helpful, thanks for being there.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines