character animator will only let me rig one arm????

Community Beginner ,
Jan 09, 2018 Jan 09, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This is driving me mad, the left arm which sits slightly behind my character works fine and hinges from the shoulder. The right arm which is the top layer will not attach to the shoulder no matter what i do. I'm sure its something simple but ive literally spent all afternoon trying different things. The online tutorials mostly show an older version so doesn't completely apply to my problem. I really would be grateful for any assistance, regards, John.

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jan 18, 2018 Jan 18, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Moving to Character Animator

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jan 24, 2018 Jan 24, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hard to make a suggestion without more details, but the most common unexpected problem I hear of is the independent arm group should have "Attach To" set to "Auto" in the properties panel (it is often the parent group name by default - which some have said is a bug for independent groups). You can then drag the circle over the torso at the attach point until it goes green indicating correct attachment.

Oh, meshes are worth checking too. Click this little icon to see the meshes. Sometimes I have to set "Mesh Shape" to "Contour" instead of "Auto" for things to work correctly.

Sorry if you have done all this already. (Your post is almost a week old, so maybe you have sorted it out already.)

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines