Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character Animator won't launch on PC

Explorer ,
Jun 19, 2018 Jun 19, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi!

I am having a very frustrating issue. When I'm trying to launch Character Animator on my PC it will just get to the starting screen and while I can see the starting screen I can't interact with it and it freezes until it shuts down automatically without any error message.

I have tried to uninstall and reinstall several times. I have also tried to use the earlier versions. I have also tried to run every version as administrator but it makes no difference.

I am just trying to start a blank project so there shouldn't be any problems regarding the program having to process some old files from an earlier project.

I can use Character Animator without any problems on my iMac which is on the same network.

Hoping to get some help so I can solve this issue relatively fast!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Explorer , Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

I contacted the support team and they told me to uninstall every Adobe program I had and then make sure to make a clean install using provided links from them. They emailed me the whole tutorial to make sure I did every step correct and it solved my problem. Now character animator is working like a charm!

Votes

Translate

Translate
Contributor ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

To be clear-I'm not an expert. I would check the RAM on your PC vs. on your Mac.

-Sharon from MD

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Oh yes, I forgot to mention my specs on the PC and on the Mac.

On the PC: i5 6600K 3,5GHZ - 8GB RAM - GTX1070 - 250GB SSD - 3TB HDD

On the Mac: i5 7500 3,4GHZ - 8GB RAM - Radeon Pro 570 - 1TB Fusion Drive

I think they should perform equally with the PC perhaps performing a little better or at least likewise?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Have you tried holding down the shift (or was it alt?) during start up? Someone in the forums said it causes CH to wipe some caches on startup. Otherwise to to reach out to Adobe Support I suspect

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yeah I tried it but with no result. I will reach out to the support and hope that they can help me.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jul 02, 2018 Jul 02, 2018

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I contacted the support team and they told me to uninstall every Adobe program I had and then make sure to make a clean install using provided links from them. They emailed me the whole tutorial to make sure I did every step correct and it solved my problem. Now character animator is working like a charm!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines