Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character body movement

New Here ,
Apr 10, 2020 Apr 10, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello there!

I am starting to work with character animator and had made a character that worked quite well. I made another character of a similar design, and for some reason his body does not move nearly as much when I move my head as the other character i made previously does. I can't figure it out at all. 

I have tried making all necessary layers independent and still moves the same...

I am wondering if anyone has had a similar problem or has a solution. 

Thanks!

TOPICS
Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 11, 2020 Apr 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share a screenshot of the rigging hierarchy? It is a bit hard to make suggestions without understanding the puppet structure. E.g. is the head independent? If so the head cannot move the body. Do you have sticks on the puppet? Pins? Share a bit more about the puppet structure and some folks might be able to make some suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello alank,

Thanks for getting back to me! I have attached a csreenshot of the rigging hierarchy and also the character with the mesh. Also he is pinned only from the bottom of his garb, by 3 pins.

The head and the body are separate sub groups under a main character group. I appreciate any help!

Screen Shot 2020-04-11 at 2.04.35 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-04-11 at 2.03.20 PM.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Nothing looks particularly wrong. Minor suggestions:

• You have layers like "blink" and "R Eye". Just be away that autotagging looks lor layers like "Left Blink" and "Right Eye".
  • Try moving the "Head" handle higher on the head. I generally aim for about the middle of the head. Head movement pivots on this point.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines