• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character Head is not moving with Camera.

Community Beginner ,
Aug 13, 2021 Aug 13, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have taken some of the elements away from the camera.....Eye Movements, Eyebrow Movents.  However, I still would like the head to move when I move in the camera.  Head Tilting is what I really want.  

Basically, the only thing I want the camera to do is track my head tilts.

My problem currently is that the camera is not tracing my head tilts.  I never changed any of the camera settings, just disconnected the unwanted movements.

How do I get the head tracking back?

TOPICS
Camera , Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you share a screenshot of the rigging hierarchy of your puppet? Behaviors in Ch are driven from tags on layers. If a tag is not found, that functionality won't work. Tags are added automatically for you based on layer names, or you can add/remove them yourself. I think the Head tag controls movement with the Face behavior. If you don't want eyes or eyebrows to move, just don't have layers with those names (so they don't get tagged). But if you don't have a Head layer, and have not added one yourself, or you deleted the face behavior, then you won't get movement of the head via the webcam.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have figured out why the head was not tracking.

Answer:  When drawing ... I neglected to have a <Head> group for the 3 different head views of the character.  Now that I have grouped the heads into a <Head> group, Character Animator knows what to do with the camera.

New Problem:  While head tracking....If I tilt my head to the right, I expect that the head tilts toward the right (which is actually the Character's Left.  The problem is that the Character is trying to maintain balance so to speak.  It shifts the shoulders and body in the opposite direction slightly.  I will try to send a video.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK....so i figured this one out also.

Answer:  As mentioned above, make sure that the you have a group for your different heads.

Also, the Group <Head> tag and subsequent head view tags need to be placed in the proper position.  You will need to play with the postional relationship of these tags to get the type of behavioral response you are looking for.

TAKE NOTES for the various positional relationships that you try so that you don't work yourself to death.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I would suggest turning the mesh on (icon at bottom of window) to see if there is a point not moving (neck or chest etc). Maybe there is a stray tag holding something in place. There can also be sticks etc, and the origin of the Head layer can make a difference too (yiu can try dragging it higher on the head for example to see if it helps)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines