• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

character is floating, and I have fixed the body section

New Here ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have one hair left... I have spend two days on this  and I am DONE trying to figure it out but I cannot go forward until I fix it...  I have used the maddy puppet to follow and at first it was working, so maybe I changed something but omg, I am beyond frustrated.

Thanks !violet floating picture.pngviolet floating.png

TOPICS
Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 18, 2020 Oct 18, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

When you have floating things with pins in place, I look at independence of layers. For example, try removing independence from the "Frontal" layer and see how that goes.

If you put a pin on a layer, it sticks it to the parent "mesh". Each independent layer starts a new mesh. So you have a new mesh for the root (which is correct), then a new mesh for Frontal, then Body which is a part of the Frontal mesh. Because you put the pins on the Body layer, you have pinned Frontal to Velvet.

An alternative is to try putting the pins on the Velvet layer instead of Body. That way it will pin to the scene (the parent of the Velvet character).

But try that as a first step. I expect you to come back and say "but now XXX does not work instead", but lets confirm that is the first problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Oct 20, 2020 Oct 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

OK, well, good suggestion but that only stretched Voilet's feet.  It doesnt seem to matter what I pin, she still floats.  I have 5 Head turning positions with this character and the minute I turn on the head turn everything looses its mind.... everything but frontal dissappears and she starts floating.  I used Maddy and the master file to follow and everything is great until I turn on head turner.  I have gone over and over and over the files and I can not find the error...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Will this character be walking? If not, I would remove the "Frontal" group and just put the Head and Body inside the +Violet group. I would also make sure there are non-independent parts inside the Body group, otherwise the fixed handles won't matter (usually the legs and torso should not be independent in a stationary view like this).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Well, I would love her to stand there at the moment.  I have remade her SEVERAL times because the program has crashed so many times.  In fact, I took the maddy file and filled it with my own stuff and initially it worked.  Violet1.pngViolet2.pngViolet3.pngI have included what I have now...

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
New Here ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Well, the update fixed everything, all the floating issues, all the head disappearing issues are all gone, the head is turning beautifully and Violet is not floating anymore so God Bless 3.4 LOL and Violet can now graduate and go onto the next level for the Kingdom of Sparklewell!  

Thanks!

Elly

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines