Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character Jaw too moves too far.

New Here ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello all,

I have almost completed my characters frontal position I've produced my character from the original 'blank character' found in the animation tutorials. Big shout out to Okay Samurai for the wonderful tutorials on youtube, I've been learning Ch recently due to the Covid -19 social distancing laws here in the UK and I want to create an animated short.

My main issue is with the Jaw line I've checked three tutorials so far both for basic and advanced, I've recreated the jaw back to the way the blank character has. However when I speak the jawline fully covers the neck far more than that of the Illustrator blank puppet template.

Supporting image shows jaw line is in and fixed.

Jaw.JPG

Any advice would be appreciated, I would like to get this done and start working on left and right profiles and eventually a walking sequence. Very excited.

TOPICS
Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Mar 25, 2020 Mar 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Could you create a short video maybe? It looks like the Mouth layer is independent, in which case the mouth talking should not affect the rest of the head at all. 

Suggestions on structure - I normally put "Mouth" and "Sad Mouth" in a group so you can put a swapset on that group. You can probably do it with Sad Mouth a long way away from Mouth in the puppet, but i prefer putting them next to each other to make it more obvious what is going on.

I am not sure why "+Hair" is independent and "+Facebackground". I would remove independence on those particular layers myself. But I don't think its the cause of your problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 06, 2020 Apr 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I found the solution I had set the jaw movement to 100%. I dialled this down to 15% and it looks much better.

Thank you for your help.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines