Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character lags behind audio

Jul 22, 2019 Jul 22, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello...Running Mac 10.14.5

Character Animator 2.1.1

1)Why would character lips sync lag so much behind audio.  Quiet room. Using built in mic. Any ideas how to get the me and the character on the same page?

2) Just curious - Can you use the iphone like Crazy talk?

Cheers!

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jul 23, 2019 Jul 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

What spec machine do you have? Just wondering if the computer is too slow so lagging.

Is there any sound processing software? I sometimes use Adobe Audition in the audio pipeline to clean up the audio, but some of the noise reduction effects introduce a delay. OBS Studio for example has settings so you can delay the video or audio to get them to line up properly.

Can you show a screen shot with the audio track wave form (you can grab and make the row taller to make it easier to see) and the visemes visible together? Is there a gap there?

Have you tried doing an audio recording first (inside CH or not) then using the “create lipsync from audio” from the menus? Does it line up properly?

If you could try these things they may help track down whether it is the input stage or the rendering stage that is the problem.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Aug 03, 2019 Aug 03, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks I'll try that.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Sep 17, 2019 Sep 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi there,

Thanks for reaching out. I am just following up on this case. Did you get it working with the alternative suggestion provided by @alank? 

Thanks,

Shivangi

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines