• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character Mesh Strange Warping

Community Beginner ,
May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I created a face turn for my character and the face is warping in every direction. Does anyone know why this could be happening? I checked if there were any hidden shapes in the illustrator file but couldn't find anything.

I've attached the character and the Ch/Illustrator layers for reference.

Any help would be awesome. Thanks!

TOPICS
Bugs , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 09, 2022 May 09, 2022

See the yellow denser part near the middle of the forehead? My guess is there is some handle there with a tag on it that should not be there. I notice you had quite a few handles around the place (due to the numbers like 2 and 3 in the rigging hierarchy). If you tag those handles, you can end up with things getting "stuck". I would look for any origins markers on handles around where the yellow part of the mesh on the forehead is not moving - you need to look through the relevant layers by hand.

Votes

Translate

Translate
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

See the yellow denser part near the middle of the forehead? My guess is there is some handle there with a tag on it that should not be there. I notice you had quite a few handles around the place (due to the numbers like 2 and 3 in the rigging hierarchy). If you tag those handles, you can end up with things getting "stuck". I would look for any origins markers on handles around where the yellow part of the mesh on the forehead is not moving - you need to look through the relevant layers by hand. Then think about whether those handles are needed (delete anything not needed). It is generally better to tag origins for layers or similar - avoid excessive handles (because they can cause problems like this one).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I deleted a bunch of tags and it's fixed now, thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines