• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character not pinning or detecting in camera

Community Beginner ,
May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I added fixed pins to my characters feet but he just ends up floating in the air and doesn't bend at the waist.

Also, I can drag the arms up and down but they don't detect in the camera. Any idea what could be the problem?

TOPICS
Bugs , Camera , Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

LEGEND , May 10, 2022 May 10, 2022

First, some terminology, a "mesh" is a layer and all its children, until a layer is marked independent. The independent layer starts a new child mesh. If you put a pin on a layer in the root mesh, it will stick that position relative to the scene. E.g. if on the BODY layer for example. But if you put a pin on a nested mesh, such as the legs (because the legs are marked as independent), it will pin the position of the legs relative to the body. So either you need to make the legs not independent,

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I think you need to give the layer with the fixed handle thr Fixed Behavior or whatever it's called to activate the property. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I tried that and nothing happened

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Participant ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Handle Fixer behavior

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

First, some terminology, a "mesh" is a layer and all its children, until a layer is marked independent. The independent layer starts a new child mesh. If you put a pin on a layer in the root mesh, it will stick that position relative to the scene. E.g. if on the BODY layer for example. But if you put a pin on a nested mesh, such as the legs (because the legs are marked as independent), it will pin the position of the legs relative to the body. So either you need to make the legs not independent, or pin the character on the torso (around the waist somewhere - low on the torso).

For the second point, I assume you mean the new body tracking support? I assume you are standing back a bit from the camera (so it can see most of your body), and that you see the lines on the web cam view? Did you add a "Body" behavior to the root of the puppet? If you look in the properties panel, do you see the Body behavior there? And if you expand Handles, do you see Waist with a count greater than 0, then hips and shoulders with counts greater than zero, and so on? if it misses a handle it needs (e.g. for shoulders), the lower part of the arm won't work. That is, if Left Wrist has a count of zero, then check Left Elbow, and if zero check Left Shoulder,, and so on. The Body behavior is how the puppet gets controlled by the body tracking.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you, this fixed both issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines