• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character Rig Lead and Follow issues

Community Beginner ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm working on this character where I have built 6 different layers to create a swap set. I had the character working with some nice dynamics using just the one arm layer but it not letting me move the arm and was clicking from the first layer to the last and staying there and not letting me move it. I removed the dynamics to help simplifiy it down to what I thought was the minimal amount needed based on what was done with the Wampler sample rig. Sadly I'm still I'm getting the same result.

I did watch this tutorial from Okay Samurai already.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TzXKAJMcCLk 

Hopefully someone out there has some ideas on how to help.

Andrew Larson

Character Rig Setup.jpg

 

TOPICS
Bugs , How to , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Community Beginner , Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Ok I realized what i did that was worng. When J was talking about the Behavors being at the top level I was thinking the top level was the leader object. Going back and watching the video from Ok Samurai I realized that I didnt have the behavors on the top level which is the main character group. Thank you all for your help in getting this together!

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate
Participant ,
Nov 02, 2022 Nov 02, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Last time I had an issue like that I had accidentally tagged all arms as leaders instead of a single arm as leader and the rest follower. Not sure if you have looked at that?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 03, 2022 Nov 03, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thank you for the tip I could have easily have done that, saddly that is not the issue.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Nov 05, 2022 Nov 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

One thing I can tell just by looking at one screenshot of the rig mode is you have behaviors set at all arm layers.

You probably do not have to set it up with so many behaviors scattered everywhere.

If you look at Wampler available on the home screen, it has behaviors consolidated at the top level.

I am happy to take a look at your puppet if you are OK sharing a link to your puppet on Creative Cloud/Dropbox/Google Drive etc.

You can DM me the link instead of publicly posting the link here.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Let me dive in real quick and simplifiy what behavors I have set. If i don't get it working I'll reach out. Thx J

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Nov 07, 2022 Nov 07, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ok I realized what i did that was worng. When J was talking about the Behavors being at the top level I was thinking the top level was the leader object. Going back and watching the video from Ok Samurai I realized that I didnt have the behavors on the top level which is the main character group. Thank you all for your help in getting this together!

Andrew

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines