• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character's Arms Moving Slow - Character Animator

Community Beginner ,
May 04, 2020 May 04, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello everyone.  The arms of my character seems to react in slow motion to the draggers. I don't know why. I've been testing it with and without ArmIk behaviors but it does not seems to work. Any Help?

TOPICS
How to , Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
May 05, 2020 May 05, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

That may be caused by a very dense mesh. You can show the mesh by clicking the Show Mesh button at the bottom of the scene panel. Lots of close-together handles can cause this. If you have handles that you don't need, delete them.

If it's not the mesh, one way around this would be to draw the different arm positions as a cycle group and use Cycle Layers with a trigger to invoke the arm movement. This is more work but has the advantage of giving you complete control over what the arms look like as they animate. You can also combine both the Dragger scheme like you're using now and the cycle, with the draggable handle only on the last (held) frame. That way you can do major movement with the cycle, and subtle movements with the draggable handle.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 06, 2020 May 06, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thank you. I will try all of this. By the moment, I've created a new porject and riged again. It seemed to work a little. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines