• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character with Minimal Facial Features

New Here ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! I have two questions both related to each other and ofcourse to the same character.

I'm wanting to animate a character of mine that has Minimal Facial Features - just eye brows and a big nose. No mouth, eyes, ears. Image attached.

Before i get into it i'd love to know:

1. whether its possible? Does Adobe CH need all those other features to recognize where things are and what is what? 

2. If within my animation i want my character to start headless - and have the body pick up the head - is that possible? Or is that something that must be done in Animate CC? 

TOPICS
Puppet movement

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 07, 2020 Dec 07, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You can certainly have heads without features. Just don't tag anything as eyes, and ch will not attempt to animate them.

In terms of head being separate, there are several ways of doing it. You can put a Tranform behavior on it and move it. But i suspect you want the body to move without the head moving when disconnected? You can do that with magnets in Ch, but personally what i would do to keep it simple is consider having a puppet with just the head, and another puppet with full body then use triggers to hide the head on the body then make it visible on the body at exactly the same time the other one disappears. Sometimes it's easier.

However if you want live-streaming, then i would read up on magnets. I would attach the head to the body using a magnet. Then it can be independent initially then connected when magnet is turned on. There are some good videos on magnets from adobe.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Dec 11, 2020 Dec 11, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

thank you so much for the reply! Super helpful. I'll give it all a shot now. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines