• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character won't move amongst different profiles (3/4, side, frontal etc)

Community Beginner ,
Jul 03, 2017 Jul 03, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello!

So I've been working on creating a character for animation, and when I put the illustrator file in character animator, the profiles that aren't frontal would move around with my head movement, but the frontal position would not move, other than my mouth and face characteristics...

I noticed the frontal layer was a different color, so I changed the hierarchy in illustrator, and suddenly all of the other layers were that color. But now my frontal will move but all of my other sides wont!!

Haha I don't understand what's going on... If you know what's going on will you please explain it to me so I know for the future?

Thanks

I've attached a link to my illustrator file below.

fb_malice_comp_2.ai - Google Drive

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 08, 2017 Jul 08, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

For the five separate views, try using the Views tags -- Frontal tag for your "Front" group, Left Profile tag for your "Side Left" group, etc.

Also, if you don't need that Layer 1 group with its linked .psd file, deleting that group can help reduce the mesh size of the puppet a bit. Even though a layer has its eyeball turned off, it can affect the size of the mesh.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines