• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character Won't Move when I edit in Illustrator

New Here ,
May 14, 2020 May 14, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi there! I've been editing my character in Illustrator with the Character Animator app open, but when I save the character in Illustrator and it updates in Animator, my character won't move with my face on the webcam. I tried using a pre-existing character to see if my webcam was maybe broken, but it's functioning fine. 

I noticed that when I'm in the "Rig" section, I don't see all the layers of my character- just "Layer 1", but it doesn't expand to anything. Any suggestions? Thank you!

TOPICS
Camera , How to , Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Are all the layers present in Illustrator?  Are they laid out in the correct order with subfolders where you want them?

I'm having a little trouble getting CA to reload my AI file after saving it in AI.  The best approach I've found is to have CA in Rig mode; Right-click on the puppet; Select edit original.  Then when I'm done in AI and save, I watch the save progress in the artwork title bar. When it's done, I count to 3 and switch over to CA.  It usually refreshes the puppet. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 15, 2020 May 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sweet. I do believe all the layers are in the correct spot, but I'll double-check. Thank you for your help and I'll try that!!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines