• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Character won't walk or drag, used to be able to

New Here ,
Mar 24, 2020 Mar 24, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I am learning how to use character animater, so these are my first characters. They were based on a template then changed. I added behaviors and rigged them to walk, turn, and have swap sets but now none of those behaviors are working. Please help!!Screen Shot 2020-03-24 at 1.16.57 PM.pngScreen Shot 2020-03-24 at 1.17.08 PM.png

TOPICS
How to , Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

You cant really tell anything from illustrators screenshots, you would need to show CA screenshots. Did you check to make sure all tags are correct? Did you confirm that the rig has 1s in the relevant panels? Need far more information in order to help or make suggestions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

One thing to be careful of is to not use too many indepdence layers. I noticed a lot of "+" symbols (make independent). E.g. alarm bells go off when I see "+Body". You need to have something in the root mesh for other things to attach to. The most common approach is for Body to NOT be independent, then it merges into the root puppet mesh. That gives the Head something to attach to. Also the profiles seem to be head turn profiles separate to body walk profiles. This should work I think, but I don't see that pattern very often.

I suspect you either want "+Head/Frontal" or "Head/+Frontal" but not "+Head/+Frontal" as there will be nothing in the Head layer for Frontal to connect to.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines