• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Charactr animator running slow it loads for each click and each thing I do

New Here ,
Nov 29, 2019 Nov 29, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Recently Character animator was running very slow every time I click something while Im in rig mode eny task or any thing I do with each click it lags and shows the loading circle 

This is a brand new computer so there is no reason for this to be happening but I have not been able to get any work done because literally every click makes it slow down even when its the only app running and on a brand new computer Is there any way to make it go faster ? 

TOPICS
Crash , Freeze or hang

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 01, 2019 Dec 01, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would check the free memory and CPU load on the computer. I would also see what other things are running (like anti virus software). If you were doing similar things on another computer and it was better, I would compare the specs between the machines (e.g. how much memory). I think there were some settings in the scene properties to reduce the rendering frame rate for preview... 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Dec 30, 2022 Dec 30, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have the same problem on a very fast machine that doesn't slow down on any other app. This has always been the case on several devices with various puppets.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Check the complexity of the puppet. Look for ways to split objects into duplicate puppets or on their own.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 07, 2023 Jan 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Honestly. If my rig can handle 3d puppets, I shouldn't have to be so focused on my vector puppet. Adobe animate and after effects dont have this problem. My puppet file is 1920x1080 and illustrator file is under 4mb. If having too many cycle layers is the issue, CA should give us better tools, like triggers inside frames of a cycle layer, or callbacks to redundant objects. Its just poorly designed. Period.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Jan 03, 2023 Jan 03, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Can you post a full UI screenshot of your setup in Rig mode? Do you have the Rigging Issues pane open? If so, this will refresh every time you make a change and it should be closed unless you're actively checking for rigging issues.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jan 07, 2023 Jan 07, 2023

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I definitely don't.  I also minimized a few other windows just in case that would help too. This has always been this way on very powerful devices. Both amd and intel. My puppet is mildly complex. No physics, no motion libraries or body capture.

Just a head turner with walk cycle and cycle layers. Even using sharables to cut down on size. Made in illustrator and no gradients or fx.

Everything I do is focused on optimization and it still is slower than Flash back in 2006.

Every action has a delay. You have to wait for CA to catch up. Wastes alot of time.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines