• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Clipping masks alternatives for illustrator?

Community Beginner ,
Aug 31, 2022 Aug 31, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey there,

I'm having an issue with clipping masks, which im aware is a limitation of Character Animator recognizing clipping layer groups from Illustrator. Ive browsed all the previous community questions and answers regarding the issue (including Reddit and other tutorials) and have also submitted the requested change/update to Ch. Ive tried using the pathfinder crop tool (had to edit the strokes position to the outside line, otherwise i lost all the line work in the exposed area) but also saw no changes to layer structure or clipping of the characters mouth in Ch. Ive also attempted to use the clipping tool in the puppet menu in Ch. with no luck.

Im hoping someone may be able to point me in the right direction, as ive spent more time then id like to admit getting the mouth sets organized (looks great in illustrator). Is there a way to remove the shapes that still exist outside the clipping mask, so they have no way to show in Ch.? Erasing them is tedious and also  not very user friendly. Is there some sort of naming convention that i can implement in illustrator that will translate over? I'm open to any and all suggestion...otherwise im back to the drawing board! I've attached my illustrator file if anyone is curious or maybe it will help with understanding my dilema. Thanks 🙂

TOPICS
Feature requests , How to , Rigging , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Sep 05, 2022 Sep 05, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I agree with your opinion.
Currently, the clipping mask in Illustrator does not work correctly. In Character Animator.

Hidden areas may also be recognized as objects.

It seems that you cannot attach a puppet file here.
Please share them on google drive or dropbox.
Please note the permissions.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines