• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Comprehensive Documentation?

Engaged ,
Dec 05, 2019 Dec 05, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I've always been an absolute raving fan of Adobe's documentation ... except for this product. 

The "complaint" I have, for lack of a better word -- and I know this is a personal quirk of mine -- is I prefer reading on paper. When I started learning CharAni, I printed the Reference PDF so I can read it wherever and whenever but so much of what I needed was only represented by a summary and "For more information, see [insert topic link here]."

Question/Request: Is there a complete, all-in-one PDF or print-friendly collection of Character Animator documentation?

TOPICS
FAQ

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 19, 2020 Mar 19, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Also, why is it so difficult to place things in the scene? Oh hey, there's the dragger. Stumbled on it completely by accident and with absolutely no mention of it in the plethora of tutorial videos that I've waded through thus far. Hey, Adobe, don't you think that information is kind of important?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

https://helpx.adobe.com/adobe-character-animator/user-guide.html

Here's the official user guide. If you have suggestions on how to improve it, I'm happy to try and get those incorporated. 

It really is too difficult to place puppets into a scene. We've been perhaps overly focused on adding new capability vs. improving existing capability. I know I would like a free transform box around a puppet so I can adjust the position, scale, and rotation when I put it in the scene.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Yes, that would really make my day!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Mar 20, 2020 Mar 20, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Sorry for the outrageously late reponse, but here is a printer friendly PDF of the documentation: https://helpx.adobe.com/content/dam/help/en/pdf/adobe_character_animator_reference.pdf

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines