• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Confusing trigger issue

New Here ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was assigning triggers and ran into a spot where they just wern't working. Everything is set up right. But when I go to make the arm moving with the corresponding finger set the arm wont change. I switched the key after trying everything else and the arm would move but not the fingers. That has me stumped. I had triggers set up on something before and they would not respond and I deleted the trigger and file and reset it and it worked but I have tried everything and was wondering if there is a bug when it comes to triggers? I attached a screenshot incase I'm missing something but I don't see what it could possibly be.

TOPICS
Bugs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 25, 2020 May 25, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Sorry, I don't quite understand the question sorry. That is a lot of triggers on your puppet! One question I had was whether there were meant to be any swapsets. Normally I have alternatives in a swap set with triggers picking which to display.  Could you explain in a bit more detail? Or share the puppet? This one looks unusually (advanced) which are often hard to debug just from a screenshot.

I have never found a bug in triggers myself. That have been pretty solid.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
May 26, 2020 May 26, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I just started using CA again after a couple of years off. I have never used a swap triggers yet but didn't think I would need one since it is just a simple hide other items in folders trigger and I've never really had an issue before with such an easy thing. The problem I was having was I have two folders. One with the hands and posistions and one with the arms that should be the lenght of where the hand is on the guitar. I had 1 key working two things on each folder which I've done a zillion times before. One worked fine and the other wouldnt work at all. Set up the same. I tried everything I could think of double checking. Removing and starting over and at one point I just switched the keys on the two and then the other one didn't work but the one that didn't work before now worked, which puzzled me. I sent you a PM with a dropbox link to the puppet. Thanks.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
May 29, 2020 May 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Hi, I replied via private chat but it does not allow screenshots. It was an interesting one! A summary of the problem is the puppet uses 3 triggers connected to replays. The triggers are latched. Turning on all three triggers at once picks one of the three replays to win - no idea which one. It was a bit funky because there were separate replays for the arm and hands, and the "R" trigger recording for the arm would get priority, bbut the "T" recording for the hand would get priority! No idea how it picked between them.

My suggested solution is as follows. First, separate the Guitar appearing "G" from the arm and hand positions. I renamed "G" to "X" in the screenshot below for two of the triggers. (You can probably merge the triggers so there is one "X" that binds to two replays at once, but I did not make that change.)

So when you press "G" the guitar appears but the arm and hand do not move. Pressing "X", "R", or "T" (the three swap set memers) starts that replay and stops the other two replays if they are running. So you can press these three keys to change hand positions. If you press the same key twice in a row, it turns the current replay off, so the hand returns the default position.

alank99101739_0-1590818886994.png

So, pressing "G":

alank99101739_1-1590819501112.png

Pressing "X":

alank99101739_2-1590819529076.png

Pressing "R":

alank99101739_3-1590819556564.png

Pressing "R" a second time in a row:

alank99101739_4-1590819584630.png

Pressing "G" to make guitar go away (turns off the latched trigger):

alank99101739_5-1590819617220.png

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines