• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Connect both hands to different positions on one prop object

Community Beginner ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I have a character that plays a Saxophone and I would like both arms to move when I drag the Sax. Is there a way to acomplish this with CA? I was thinking maybe magnets, but I don't want both hands in the same position. A magnet however, might work well for the mouth peice. 

is there a way to create manual hinging connection points in the rigging mode?

Thank you. 

TOPICS
Feature requests , How to , Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 15, 2020 Oct 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The obvious way is hard. You cannot have two separate arms and attach them to something else. Magnets are logical but don't work that way. An object can have a parent and get drawn to that (so you can do it one handed), but an object cannot have two parents in ch, so you cannot have an instrument and attach two hands to it as parents.

The best idea i could think of is to draw a single layer with both arms and the instrument. Pin the tops of the arms to the body, put sticks along the instrument and arms to stop incorrect bending (if needed), then drag the one big artwork layer around for movement.So visually it looks like 2 arms and an instrument, but to ch it is just one thing.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,
Oct 16, 2020 Oct 16, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Gotcha. Thank you for the reply! Really appreciate it. 

I ended up making one arm layer with the instrument attached and then "manually" animated the other arm. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines