• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Converting PSD puppet to Vector puppet in illustrator?

Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi, I have a PSD puppet that I am trying to figure out how to convert to a vector based puppet so I can utilize the "Wiggle" behavior and I am struggling. Does anybody know the steps you need to convert the psd to a vector .AI puppet? 

TOPICS
Feature requests , How to , Rigging , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Mar 28, 2022 Mar 28, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I was able to import the psd into AI and save it as a .AI file, then when going into Character Animator initially the puppet seems to work but when i click "render as vector" the puppet dissapears completely. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Expert ,
Mar 29, 2022 Mar 29, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

There are fundamental differences between bitmap (Photoshop) and vector based files (Illustrator). You're going to need to trace the outlines of the Photoshop content. Please go to the Illustrator forums for more details.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines