• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

copy scenes and animations on a different charachter?

New Here ,
Jun 07, 2021 Jun 07, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Need your help with 2 questions:

1. I am using character animator to create tutorials with 2 characters- a man and a woman.

Both of them should behave and move the same way (besides the hair physics) and I wanted to know if there's a suggested way to animate one of them in a scene and copy it to the other character?

2. I only made the woman until now and it would be great to create a new project and change the body pieces to the man without having to rig everything all over again. is it possible in character animator and illustrator?

TOPICS
FAQ , How to , Puppet movement , Rigging , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Jun 08, 2021 Jun 08, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you use "export puppet" from the menu then import the exported file it will make a copy of the rigging AND artwork file. You can then use "Efit Original" to edit the artwork file to change from woman to man. Keep the same heirachy as much as possible. Then you can copy/paste tracks between them.

However, if you rename the root layer to the other character name, it will lose the rigging. Personally I like having clean projects, so I would do the above (export and import), do a minor change to the artwork (Eg change hair color), then rename the root layer to the new character name, fix the rigging that breaks reusing same trigger names etc, then test it. Hopefully copy and paste of tracks will work. But you can do it quickly and test first, then work on the new artwork

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines