• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Corrupt Project File - is there a way to recover?

New Here ,
Jan 23, 2019 Jan 23, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

This morning I opened my CA project to find that the file would not open and gave me this error:

Libgit2 error -3(9/object not found – no match for id (37b580acf95e4c86dffd0be77c83f8433853837f)) returned from git_tag_lookup(&tag.p, repoP->mRawRepo, &tagOid)

All of the assets, puppets, recordings, etc. are still in the project folder.  After Effects has an auto save function that saves to a backup file but I can't find anything like that for CA.  It seems like there should be a way to recover this project.  I am running an older Mac Pro running High Sierra 10.13.6 and CA 2019.

Any help would be appreciated. 

Thanks

Rick

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

DanTull​ from Adobe sometimes has been able to help folks recover projects.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Okay Samurai forwarded me this one from here: Corrupt project file. Is there a backup file location like in After Effects? : CharacterAnimator

Unfortunately, the database file was somehow corrupted, and I could only recover about 1/5 of the data which was not enough to reconstruct an earlier history step. Sorry I couldn't help with this one.

Usually database level corruption suggests a filesystem failure of some sort (like an external drive that got unmounted improperly, power outage, or system crash). It might not hurt to scan the disk for errors (Disk Utility on mac chkdsk on Windows).

DT

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines