• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

'Couldn't find required item at project path'

New Here ,
Nov 15, 2020 Nov 15, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

So, I've apparently just lost a few days of work because I added some layers to a character psd.  I open the file and get 'internal error code (405861230:237+36) attempt to index nil value' and then 'couldn't find required item at project path'.  I've relinked the file in the properties panel and the link is blue, so it should all be good, but the puppet isn't showing.

This is a nightmare.

Does anyone know why this happens? Is it a random bug?  I'm at the start of a long paid project and the thought of more work going down the drain and missing deadlines isn't fun.  The thought of doing it all in the incredibly slow After Effects isn't appealing either.

TOPICS
Bugs , Crash

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

There are different reasons that have come up in the forums. Bugs, software crashing half way through updating files on disk, network file system usage (locking does not work properly), disk full, etc. One thing you can try is the refresh button at the bottom of the scene. Click it, then alt-click it, the shift-click it... i always forget which, but one of them refreshes more internal caches which has fixed the occasional problem. I give 10% chance to fix the problem, but sometimes it does. If the files on disk got corrupted, i normally leave that to the Adobe folks who are often on and can repair things. I would keep a zip of the project as is - sometimes they investigate to see if they can track down the bug.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Nov 22, 2020 Nov 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Thanks for the reply! Sadly nothing solved it so I had to redo it all. It would have been great to have it recovered but I didnt have time. Thanks again.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

After you relinked the artwork, did the error message go away? Could you share a screenshot of the rigging window? Are you using any fancy things in photoshop? Not all features are supported. I don't recall that particular error before. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines