• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Crash during manual lip-sync viseme adjusting

Engaged ,
Jul 12, 2017 Jul 12, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Many times Ch crashed while I tried to manually adjust visemes after "compute scene audio from lip-sync".

You can see the error code in German below. It says something about the error coming from "reading after the end of the file". (This is a literal translation I don't understand a word of this, sorry…

Play speed was set to either 1.0 or 0.75 when this happened.

Hope this helps.

Ch Fehlermeldung beim Lesen über Dateiende.png

TOPICS
Bugs

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Is it possible to DM us a link to the project?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Not sure if that'll work. The project folder is 1.47 GB and contains over 40.000 files…

Thing is, there are too many things going on in that project right now and I don't really like doing a mirror in the middle of the project, things can get confusing…

Would the sound file and the puppet file alone help? That way you could mirror what I did closely for I'm talking about a single scene with only that puppet (and a simple bg image).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S.: Only now the zip file finished to assemble - at 780 MB or s.th. …

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

It just keeps crashing even though I tried this:

- Disarm all unnecessary stuff on the right light headturns and walking, etc.

- break both the sound file as well as the lip sync timelines into smaller pieces.

- restart, reboot, close all other apps, etc.

My iMac has a 4GB Geforce GTX 780M and a 3.5 i7 main - dunno if that's enough.

I might add that the lip sync is the first and only recording I have in the recording panel at the moment and no other puppets there…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Update: There is something completely awry. I don't get the error message anymore, but I can hardly play the scene back at all, regardless of whether I adjust any visemes or not.

1.- I can play back only a couple of seconds until the sound file stops playing, while…

2.- the lip syncing continues to play (but then you don't know if it really is fitting the text…)

3.- When I pause playback I can adjust visemes - no prob at all - but, …

4.- when I hit play it takes around 15-20 seconds until playback starts again…

5.- then either I have to pause to adjust a viseme and then wait again (15-20'') or it just stops playing (see 1.- tbc.)

This is a scene of 2 minutes appr. and I'm glad it's so short……

Any suggestions as to where this comes from?

Since this is for a client and I don't know now how I will record and adjust the head and body animations (and adjust them) any help is much appreciated… Thank you…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.S.: Splitting timelines in the timeline window seems to help a little bit, but maybe hope and goodwill are soothing my perception…

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

P.P.S.: I found a solution for now:

- created a new project with only the puppet and the soundfile.

- now it worked. No crashes, no 20 seconds wait for playback to start, every finger crossed.

Of course I don't know what really happened but I have a wild shot in the very dark to share with you guys.

In the first project that caused so much trouble I saw the sound file in the "Gathered Media" folder. I remember putting it there, thinking that might make things easier for Ch.

Possibly the opposite occurred? In the second, new project I didn't see no imported soundfiles in the "Gathered Media" folder. It had remained where it was. Maybe that caused the trouble??? After all, the problem seemed to be more in the sound file playback than in the animation. I don't see why this should happen but it's all I got.

Hope it's either just a one-bad-wonder or that you guys can find the troublemaker lest it returns.

Thank you!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Jul 13, 2017 Jul 13, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Okay, thanks for the detailed info...let us know if it keeps happening!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Engaged ,
Jul 14, 2017 Jul 14, 2017

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

The "naked" project did the trick!

Will keep an eye on this!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines