• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Creating multiple Animations

Community Beginner ,
Feb 22, 2021 Feb 22, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Suppose I create a character along with some rigging.

later, I create another character and I want the same animations.

is it possible to copy the animation and rigging from character #1 and past it onto character #2

TOPICS
Puppet movement , Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Feb 23, 2021 Feb 23, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Unless they're structured the exact same way, no. The animations in CH are very dependent on where all the parts and handles are, so if those change, you're going to see wildly different animations.

If the file setup is exactly the same, like all the groups and layers are organized and named the same, then once you rig one puppet, duplicate that puppet in the project panel, select it, and click the blue link that appears in the right properties. Select the new PSD or AI file to replace it with, and it should retain the same rigging (and with it, any recorded replays).

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Understood.  I think....so just to clarify.

if both characters are rigged the same way (even in name) then the animations can essentially be copied from one character to another.....

am I understanding this correctly?

what I am trying to do is draw my characters individually, but base load them with the same core animations.  Then each character would essentially take loads of time less to create.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Although I've never personally done it, I believe this should work. It may make sense to do a test run with a super simple stick figure or something to make sure it does works like you want before devoting a ton of time into it!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines