• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

creating replicable animated arm behaviors/keyframes in Character Animator

Explorer ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I'm sorry if this has been asked before, but I am trying to make a tight deadline and need urgent help.  I know Premiere and After Effects (and I used to know Flash 100 years ago).  Using that terminology, I want to KEYFRAME ARM MOVEMENT.  I know that's not how it's done, and CH prefers setting proper arm IK parameters and live dragging handles (or maybe stetting behaviors...?).  That would be fine, I COULD just do multiple takes until I get it right, but the character needs to go from a standard on-camera talent resting position (fingers clasped, hands held in front of torso) to a Vanna White style gesture to either side.  I didn't make the character, but when I try to amend the PSD to set her initial pose at that "crossed hands" pose, I can't bend the arms properly, no matter the IK settings.  If I use the character I was given as-is (arms at side by default), the arms always go back down to start and I have to live drag them one by one into the initial position, and THEN make the appropriate gesture.  If I mess up at all, I have to start over and the arms go back to the sides.  Trying to blend takes won't work if the default is arms at the side when I want the default to be hands folded in front.  I would like to set a behavior, but it seems I can only do that in "rigging" mode, but I can't move the character unless I'm in "record" mode.  The character won't stay in place for me to jump back to "rigging" mode to for me to say "HEY! this is what I want her pose to be MOST of the time."  I hope that makes sense.  I have perused every video I could find on arm IK, keyframes, and rigging, but they don't answer this question in a way that seems pertinent to my problem.  I have attached screenshots.  Thanks in advance.

TOPICS
How to , Puppet movement , Rigging , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Dec 29, 2020 Dec 29, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Not sure I fully understand, so a few suggestions in case any are helpful.

You can turn a recording into a "replay" you can then trigger. So once you get one transition right, you can convert to a replay and repeat with a single key stroke.

It is hard for the one artwork to always look right. Remember you can use a swap set to draw several sets of arms and flip between them.

And you have the final option of drawing all in all frames so they look exactly like you want and use cycle layers to flip between the frames.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines