• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Customizing a Puppet in CH and Photoshop Please HELP!!!

New Here ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

i'm trying to customize one of the example puppets in Character Animate, but I keep getting stuck at the photoshop part. I downloaded the puppet, inserted it into a scene, tried all the triggers for the arms, but when it comes time to actually change things on the puppet like skin tone, facial hair, etc, the tutorials all seem to jump and all the sudden they're editing in photoshop, or at least a program that looks like photoshop. I've never used photoshop in my life, so I have no idea how to import the puppet to photoshop to make changes, much less get those changes to import back to Character Animator. Can someone please help??

TOPICS
FAQ , How to , Puppet movement , Rigging , Tips and tricks

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 29, 2021 Apr 29, 2021

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

If you select a puppet and then use "edit original" from the menu, it launches illustrator or photoshop on the puppet artwork (which either one was used). Character animator cannot draw artwork - you have to use illustrator or photoshop to do the artwork. And yeah, i remember the learning pain. After a few years i think i have graduated to "novice"!

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines