• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cycle Layers and walk behavior time syncing

New Here ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hey! I was wondering if anyone knew how I could get this to sync? I have the walk behavior set up and cycle layers set up on the feet and torso. I fiddled with the settings on the walk behavior and cycle layers behavior but there aren’t any definitive factors. 

I’m trying to get the feet to come down as his body comes down and his feet to come up when his body comes up.
Also, when I tried to set the cycle layer of the feet and torso to begin when triggered, the feet and torso disappear and only show up when I press the trigger. So I have to set the cycle layer to to trigger immediately.

Please see attached video

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Adobe Employee ,
Oct 17, 2019 Oct 17, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Oh, interesting. I responded to your other thread, but the video at least tells me what you're trying to do. 

I have seen someone keyframe the feet cycles to match a Walk behavior that just did the movement and bounce. 

BTW, that "when triggered" behavior is correct. Imagine you wanted to shoot lightning out of someone's eyes. You don't want the lightning always visible. That said, for your case, you do want some legs to be visible. The workaround would be to use a swap set. The default trigger in the swapset could be the artwork, and the other trigger could be the Cycle Layers animation(s) you want triggered. 

All that said, I think the best way for you to get what you want is to use Mode: Position-based, then keyframe the Position parameter. Now your timeline should have the body moving and bouncing up and down. Then you can manually edit the triggers in the timeline to syncronize with your walk. Once you've gotten a few in sync, you can copy and paste them down the timeline. 

You'll probably want to use that Swap Set technique I was referring to earlier to make sure the body doesn't disappear. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines