Cycle Not Showing

Explorer ,
Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Your situation, should you accept it, is solving my cycle problem. I have a Photoshop character whose head turns from Profile Left to Frontal View. This is done through key frame animation not Body Tracking. I had it working fine until I decided to tweak the motion by adding a 2/3 left view of the head to smooth out the action. Then it stoppped working. D'oh!

The head turn is similar to the left hand cycle. It is grouped with a default layer and the cycle group. It is set up as a Swap Set with the Default Layer marked as "Default" and balance of the cycle group marked with "Latch" box checked. My cycles Behavior is "Hold On Last layer" and "Stop Immediately".

The only difference is that the last layer, the Frontal View, is animated. This has been put into a folder with mouths, eyes, nose, etc. The Frontal View is the only frame/layer in the cycle tagged as "Head" and "Frontal Head" on the mannequin at the right in Rig mode because it is the only layer being animated. Everything appears to be labeled/coded correctly. Layers hidden as necessary. I'm surmising my hierarchy is incorrect.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Images attached below; puppet "Cab Driver" along with video test (proving it was working!) uploaded to Creative Cloud Documents folder.

TOPICS
Puppet movement

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines

correct answers 1 Correct answer

Adobe Community Professional , Jun 16, 2022 Jun 16, 2022

The only thing I can suggest, Mr. Phelps, is to remove the old cycle animation and re-build it from scratch. This message will NOT self-destruct.

Translate

Translate
Adobe Community Professional ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

The only thing I can suggest, Mr. Phelps, is to remove the old cycle animation and re-build it from scratch. This message will NOT self-destruct.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Explorer ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

HA HA HA HA HA! I was afraid of that. I will give it a shot. Thank you!

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Adobe Community Professional ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Just wondering, were you able to get it to work?

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Explorer ,
Jun 20, 2022 Jun 20, 2022

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Holy smokes! I forgot to reply. Sorry to leave others hanging on. Yes, I did get it to work. There is a glitch that occurs when you perform too many revisions evidentally. Technical term: Acts wonky. (Joke) Unfortunately, starting from scratch seems to be the answer. I hope that helps althought it may not be the answer you were hoping.

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines