• 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cycle Pause Layers not being detected

Community Beginner ,
Oct 24, 2019 Oct 24, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hi There. I am creating a character builder which lets me cycle through various bodies, beards, hair, glasses, wrinkles, etc to create a range of different characters. I have built the character in Photoshop, Imported and Rigged and all is well. EXCEPT...My Cycle Layers are not working properly. Both my Hat Cycle Layers and Glasses Cycle layers work perfectly. The Noses, Beards, Facial Features, Hair and Bodies all do not detect the 'Cycle Pause' layers. I have renamed and renumbered the layers multiple times. Re-imported the puppet. Restarted my machine. I cannot figure out why the Pause-Layers is decting as 0 instead of the correct number. Thanks in advance. 

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

I would reach out to some Adobe folks or contact support and share your puppet directly with them. Looks perfectly fine to me too - no idea why one works and the other does not.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks. When you say 'reach out to some Adobe folks' do you have any particular contacts in mind, as I don't know any Character Animation experts. Cheers. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 25, 2019 Oct 25, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Folks like @dantull and @oksamauri came to mind... hmmm, cannot @mention them any more in new forums?

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Thanks a million 😀

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
Community Beginner ,

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Ok, so I was able to work around this, and I'm leaving the problem/solution here for others. 

Basically, there is a bug which does not recognise changes in the layer names to 'cycle pause' in the original photoshop (and I'll assume Illustrator) file after import. In my case the Cycle Pause layers which were called 'cycle pause' when I first imported the photoshp file woirked perfectly, but the ones I went back and adjusted after they'd already been imported into CA did not. This was very noticable under the 'Cycle Layers' behavior where the 'Pause-Layers' count read as 0.  So the workaround was to start a new file and re-import the puppet again. All 'cycle-pause' layers were then recognised. 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Oct 26, 2019 Oct 26, 2019

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

Ah, good to know, thanks. I think what happens is there is auto tagging based on the layer name and it looks like that did not kick in. There are tags over in the properties panel for each layer. What might have worked is to manually add the pause tags to the layers where auto tagging did not work. CH behaviors use the tags, not the layer names, to find parts of the artwork it needs. It just auto tags for you (normally) so you don't notice - but you can always manually set up the tags if the layer names don't match (i always recommend to use the right layer names)

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines