• Español
      • Français
      • Português
  • 日本語コミュニティ
    Dedicated community for Japanese speakers
  • 한국 커뮤니티
    Dedicated community for Korean speakers
Exit

Cycle through several neutral mouths when not speaking?

New Here ,
Apr 21, 2020 Apr 21, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

Hello! I am making a hand painted animation which will have flickering watercolour effects. 

I'd like the neutral mouth to cycle through 3 different versions, when not lip syncing other visemes. How can I do this?

Within the Mouth folder, I tried making a Neutral folder with layers 1, 2 and 3 - but it just showed no mouth at all.

I haven't had chance to use Character Animator properly for a couple of years so maybe I'm missing something obvious! 

TOPICS
Rigging

Views

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
LEGEND ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

On the neutral layer, did you add the "Cycle Layers' behavior?

i am surprised you see nothing - are the three layers visible or hidden? If you go to the Face behavior on the root of the puppet, then expand handles or views (cannot remember which) it should show the layers it has bound to the diffeeent visemes. Do these bindings make sense? You might need to add the neutral tag to your neutral layer.

Otherwise please include a screenshot of your rigging hierarchy here. That can help spot problems.

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
Be kind and respectful, give credit to the original source of content, and search for duplicates before posting. Learn more
community guidelines
New Here ,
Apr 22, 2020 Apr 22, 2020

Copy link to clipboard

Copied

LATEST

I had added the Cycle Layers behaviour, yes!

However, I just realised I'd neglected to set the 'Start' dropdown to 'Immediately' and the Cycle dropdown to 'Continuously'. My test is working now - thank you! 

Votes

Translate

Translate

Community guidelines
community guidelines